This Memorial Day Weekend, Get Grilling in the Feed Zone!
The Feed Zone Cookbook makes enjoying summer easier with many recipes that you can fire up in the great outdoors.
Here’s a sampling of great Feed Zone dishes that will be fun and easy to prep on the grill with your favorite brew in hand.
If you don’t have the book, try out a few of the book’s 150 athlete-friendly dishes from the sample recipes linked below.
GRILL UP SOME LUNCH AND DINNER!
- Pork Green Chili (p. 181) | We don’t need no stock pot. Grill it!
- Strawberry Chicken Salad (p. 187) | Instead of shredded chicken, grill it and slice thinly on the bias.
- Steak and Eggplant Salad (p. 194)
- Pizza with Tomatoes and Basil (p. 207) | Grilling pizza adds a hint of char, provided you monitor the bottom of the dough to avoid overcooking. Bonus: grow your own tomatoes and basil. See also: Pizza with Potatoes (p. 208), Pizza with Spinach, Eggs, and Anchovies (p. 210)
- Veggie Burgers (p. 213) | Try the version on p. 213 or Biju’s Memorial Day Weekend version here.
- Seared Ahi (p. 221) | Absolutely delicious on the grill.
- Pan-Seared Sole (p. 222) | Preheat a skillet.
- Grilled Chicken with Summer Orzo (p. 230) | Our test kitchen enjoyed this dish even more with a little extra garlic.
- Flatiron Steak with Mustard Sauce (p. 237)
- Pan-Seared Steak (p. 240)
- Pork Loin with Peach Chutney (p. 243) | Bonus: Try this recipe with pork chops instead.
- Bison with Spice Rub (p. 244)
SNACKS AND SIDE DISHES
- Tomatoes on Toast (p. 117) | Bonus: grow the tomatoes!
- Spring Pea and Herb Bruschetta (p. 119) | Bonus: grow the peas, basil, or thyme!
- Roasted Beets and Greens (p. 126) | Preheat a skillet to heat the beets
- Chicken Tacos (p. 130) | Grill the chicken, onion, and chiles
In the Feed Zone, the menu has changed and no one can argue with the results: real food is better. Real food tastes better, digests quickly, and helps you perform at your best.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes 150 everyday recipes for athletes. Each breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe is simple, delicious, athlete-friendly, and easy to prepare. Feed Zone Portables, offers 75 all-new portable snack recipes that taste delicious during exercise. Fuel your workouts with real food rice cakes, two-bite pies, waffles, and other tasty snacks.
Get into the Feed Zone! Find The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables in your local bookstore; bike, tri, or running shop; or from these online retailers: VeloPress, Skratch Labs, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Chapters/Indigo, local booksellers, e-book editions for Apple iPad.
The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables are published by VeloPress, the leading publisher of books on cycling, triathlon, and running. Please see more VeloPress nutrition books at velopress.com/category/nutrition-and-diet