5 Favorite Fall Snacks from Feed Zone Portables
In his introduction to Feed Zone Portables, Dr. Allen Lim offers up a useful tip for how to eat in hot and cold weather:
If the weather is hot, get most of your calories from a sports drink to help prevent dehydration. If it’s cold, stay hydrated, but get most of your calories from real foods.
He explains how the body reacts to cold weather in this post “Exercising in the Cold of Winter” on the Skratch Labs blog.
So as we enter the heart of autumn, you’ll fuel your workouts and racing better if you make real foods from Feed Zone Portables more than you did last summer.
5 Favorite Autumn Recipes from Feed Zone Portables
- Spiced Pumpkin Cakes p. 163
- Cinnamon Apple Rice Cakes p. 93
- Golden Beet and Chicken Pot Pie p. 133
- Apple Pie Two-Bite p. 139
- Mushroom & Swiss Frittata p. 106
In the Feed Zone, the menu has changed and no one can argue with the results: real food is better. Real food tastes better, digests quickly, and helps you perform at your best.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes 150 everyday recipes for athletes. Each breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe is simple, delicious, and easy to prepare.
Feed Zone Portables, offers portable performance snacks made of real food. Try out 75 all-new rice cakes, two-bite pies, waffles, and other tasty snacks.
Try these cookbooks today! Find The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables in your local bookstore; bike, tri, or running shop; or from these online retailers:
- SkratchLabs.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- Amazon.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- BarnesandNoble.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- Chapters/Indigo.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- VeloGear.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- TriSports.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Your local independent bookseller: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- E-book edition on Apple’s iBookstore for iPad: The Feed Zone Cookbook
The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables are published by VeloPress, the leading publisher of books on cycling, triathlon, and running. Please see more VeloPress nutrition books at velopress.com/category/nutrition-and-diet