The First Sample Recipe from Feed Zone Portables: Blueberry & Chocolate Coconut Rice Cakes
TIME> 25 minutes
3 cups uncooked sticky rice
4 ½ cups water
¾ cup coconut milk
¼ to ½ cup raw sugar to taste
juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt, or to taste
6 ounces chocolate chips (half of a regular bag)
1 pint fresh blueberries
- Combine rice, water, and a dash of salt in a rice cooker and let cook.
- Transfer cooked rice to a large bowl and add coconut milk. Add sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir thoroughly and salt to taste.
- Let rice cool then spread half onto a 9” x 13” baking pan. Press flat.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and berries evenly over the rice.
- Gently press the remaining rice over the berries and chocolate.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, cut into squares and wrap.
per serving› Energy 249 cal, Fat 6 g, Sodium 194 mg, Carbs 45 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g, Water 65%
Enjoy on your ride or run!
In the Feed Zone, the menu has changed and no one can argue with the results: real food is better. Real food tastes better, digests quickly, and helps you perform at your best.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes 150 everyday recipes for athletes. Each breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe is simple, delicious, and easy to prepare.
Feed Zone Portables, offers portable performance snacks made of real food. Try out 75 all-new rice cakes, two-bite pies, waffles, and other tasty snacks.
Try these cookbooks today! Find The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables in your local bookstore; bike, tri, or running shop; or from these online retailers:
- SkratchLabs.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- Amazon.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- BarnesandNoble.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- Chapters/Indigo.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- VeloGear.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- TriSports.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Your local independent bookseller: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- E-book edition on Apple’s iBookstore for iPad: The Feed Zone Cookbook
The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables are published by VeloPress, the leading publisher of books on cycling, triathlon, and running. Please see more VeloPress nutrition books at velopress.com/category/nutrition-and-diet