Summery Dishes from The Feed Zone Cookbook
The Feed Zone Cookbook has 160 athlete-friendly recipes and, yes, it’s a full-on cookbook with breakfasts, portable snacks, lunches, after-workout snacks, dinners, desserts, and even beverages. It’s even got over 100 gluten-free and 100 vegetarian recipes.
Just after the official start of summer, we posted this great selection of Feed Zone recipes that you can make on the grill.
But there are plenty of great summery recipes that you can enjoy without a grill. Check out this sampling:
Orzo and Basil Salad (p. 153)
Pasta Salad with Olives and Beets (p. 144)
Garden Fresh Tomato Soup (p. 182)
Cobb Salad (p. 190)
Wine and Soy Mushrooms (p. 193) | Cooking mushrooms in white wine or light beer? Yes!
Summer Melon Soup (p. 184)
Pasta with Smoked Salmon (p. 227)
Lemon and Herb Salmon (p. 233)
If you don’t have the book, try out a few of the book’s 160 athlete-friendly dishes from these sample recipes.
But wait, you don’t own The Feed Zone Cookbook yet? You will love it, just like these folks do. Pick up a copy from your local bookstore; bike, tri, or running shop; or from these booksellers:
- Amazon.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- BarnesandNoble.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Chapters/Indigo.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- VeloGear.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- TriSports.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- SkratchLabs.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Your local independent bookseller: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- E-book edition on Apple’s iBookstore for iPad: The Feed Zone Cookbook