On Your Next Ride, Eat Real Food Like Fig and Honey Rice Cakes
The Feed Zone Cookbook by Dr. Allen Lim and Chef Biju Thomas is packed with 160 athlete-friendly recipes that are delicious, simple to prepare, and ready to fuel your rides. The book includes breakfasts, portable snacks like Allen Lim’s famous rice cakes, after-ride dishes, dinners, desserts, and recovery drinks.
With the USA Pro Cycling Challenge, we’re pleased to present this portable recipe, Fig and Honey Rice Cakes, a sweet snack that works well during a ride or as a between-meal pick-me-up.
Allen and Biju’s tip: We’ve put a gluten-free spin on the classic fig cookies that many of us grew up eating. These cakes make a sweet portable snack, but because of the excellent fiber that is in the dried fruit, they work even better as a snack following a workout or between meals. If figs aren’t your favorite, try raisins or dates instead.
Try this recipe yourself! Download the Fig and Honey Rice Cakes recipe from The Feed Zone Cookbook (1 meg pdf).
Buy The Feed Zone Cookbook from your local bookstore; bike, tri, or running shop; or from these booksellers:
- Amazon.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- BarnesandNoble.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Chapters/Indigo.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- VeloGear.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- TriSports.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- SkratchLabs.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Your local independent bookseller: The Feed Zone Cookbook