Pasta Salad with Olives and Beets Will Help You Recover from Your Ride
The Feed Zone Cookbook by Dr. Allen Lim and Chef Biju Thomas is packed with 160 athlete-friendly recipes that are delicious, simple to prepare, and ready to fuel your rides. The book includes breakfasts, portable snacks like Allen Lim’s famous rice cakes, after-ride dishes, dinners, desserts, and recovery drinks.
With the USA Pro Cycling Challenge, we’re pleased to present this post-ride meal, Pasta Salad with Olives and Beets, a sweet and savory meal that will restore lost sodium and refuel your muscles with a mix of simple and complex carbs.
Here’s a tip from Allen and Biju on how to make it: We don’t like to boil and then drain vegetables since nutrients are lost that way. Instead, microwave the beets for this salad and then quickly sauté them, which imparts a great flavor and sweetness.
Try this recipe yourself! Download the recipe here: The Feed Zone Cookbook Pasta Salad with Olives and Beets recipe (pdf).
- Amazon.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- BarnesandNoble.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Chapters/Indigo.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- VeloGear.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- TriSports.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- SkratchLabs.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Your local independent bookseller: The Feed Zone Cookbook