When Dr. Allen Lim left the lab to work with pro cyclists, he found athletes weary of processed bars and gels and the same old pasta. So Lim joined professional chef Biju Thomas to make eating delicious and practical. Their groundbreaking Feed Zone Cookbook brought the favorite recipes of the pros to everyday athletes.
In their new cookbook Feed Zone Portables, Chef Biju and Dr. Lim offer 75 all-new portable food recipes for cyclists, runners, triathletes, mountain bikers, climbers, hikers, and backpackers. Each real food recipe is simple, delicious during exercise, easy to make—and ready to go on your next ride, run, climb, hike, road trip, or sporting event.
Feed Zone Portables expands on the most popular features of The Feed Zone Cookbook with more quick and easy recipes for athletes, beautiful full-color photographs of every dish, complete nutrition data, tips on why these are the best foods for athletes, and time-saving ways on how to cook real food every day.
In his introduction to Feed Zone Portables, Dr. Lim makes the case for real food as a more easily digestible, higher-performance source of energy than prepackaged fuel products. He shows how much athletes really need to eat and drink at different exercise intensities and in cold or hot weather. Because the body burns solid and liquid foods differently, Lim defines a new approach for athletes to drink for hydration and eat real food for energy.
Feed Zone Portables includes
- 75 all-new recipes that taste great during exercise: Rice Cakes, Two-Bite Pies, Griddle Cakes, Waffles, Baked Eggs, Sticky Bites, Rice Balls, Ride Sandwiches, Baked Cakes, and Cookies
- A smart introduction on how real food works better for athletes
- More than 50 no-fuss gluten-free recipes, including great-tasting cookies and cakes
- More than 50 vegetarian recipes
With the recipes, ideas, and guidance in Feed Zone Portables, athletes will nourish better performance with real food and learn to prepare their own creations at home or on the go.
Hardcover with full-color interior. Photographs throughout.
6 5/8″ x 8 ¼”, 224 pp., $24.95, 9781937715007
Nourish better performance: Order Feed Zone Portables today!
- SkratchLabs.com: Feed Zone Portables
- Amazon.com: Feed Zone Portables
- BarnesandNoble.com: Feed Zone Portables
- VeloGear.com: Feed Zone Portables
- Chapters/Indigo.com: Feed Zone Portables
- Your local independent bookseller: Feed Zone Portables
The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables are published by VeloPress, the leading publisher of books on cycling, triathlon, and running. Please see more VeloPress nutrition books at velopress.com/category/nutrition-and-diet