When Dr. Allen Lim left the lab to work with pro cyclists, he found a peloton weary of food. For years the sport’s elite athletes had been underperforming on bland fare and processed bars and gels. Science held few easy answers for nutrition in the real world, where hungry athletes must buy ingredients; make meals; and enjoy eating before, during, and after each workout, day after day.
So Lim set out to make eating delicious and practical. His journey began with his mom, took him inside the kitchens of the Tour de France, and delivered him to a dinner party where he met celebrated chef Biju Thomas.
Chef Biju and Dr. Lim vetted countless meals with the world’s best endurance athletes in the most demanding test kitchens. Now, in The Feed Zone Cookbook: Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes, Thomas and Lim share their energy-packed, wholesome recipes to make meals easy to prepare, delicious to eat, and better for performance.
The Feed Zone Cookbook provides 150 delicious recipes that even the busiest athletes can prepare in less time than it takes to warm up for a workout. With simple recipes requiring just a handful of ingredients, Biju and Lim show how easy it is for athletes to prepare their own food, whether at home or on the go.
The Feed Zone Cookbook strikes the perfect balance between science and practice so that athletes will change the way they think about food, replacing highly processed food substitutes with real, nourishing foods that will satisfy every athlete’s cravings.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes:
- 150 delicious recipes illustrated with full-color photographs
- Allen Lim’s take on the science and practice of food
- Portable whole foods, including Lim’s famous rice cakes and more
- Dozens of quick-prep meals for before and after workouts
- Shortcuts, substitutions, and techniques to save time in the kitchen
- Gluten-free and vegetarian alternatives to favorite dishes
The Feed Zone Cookbook offers 150 athlete-friendly recipes that are simple, delicious, and easy to prepare. Find The Feed Zone Cookbook in your local bookstore; bike, tri, or running shop; or order from these booksellers:
- Amazon.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- BarnesandNoble.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Chapters/Indigo.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- VeloGear.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- TriSports.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- SkratchLabs.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Your local independent bookseller: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- E-book edition on Apple’s iBookstore for iPad: The Feed Zone Cookbook
The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables are published by VeloPress, the leading publisher of books on cycling, triathlon, and running. Please see more VeloPress nutrition books at velopress.com/category/nutrition-and-diet