Grilling in the Feed Zone
The Feed Zone Cookbook makes enjoying summer easier with many recipes that you can fire up in the great outdoors.
Here’s a sampling of great Feed Zone dishes that will be fun and easy to prep on the grill with your favorite brew in hand.
If you don’t have the book, try out a few of the book’s 160 athlete-friendly dishes from the sample recipes linked below.
GRILL UP SOME DINNER!
- Pork Green Chili (p. 181) | We don’t need no stock pot. Grill it!
- Strawberry Chicken Salad (p. 187) | Instead of shredded chicken, grill it and slice thinly on the bias.
- Steak and Eggplant Salad (p. 194)
- Pizza with Tomatoes and Basil (p. 207) | Grilling pizza adds a hint of char, provided you monitor the bottom of the dough to avoid overcooking. Bonus: grow your own tomatoes and basil. See also: Pizza with Potatoes (p. 208), Pizza with Spinach, Eggs, and Anchovies (p. 210)
- Veggie Burgers (p. 213) | Try the version on p. 213 or Biju’s Memorial Day Weekend version here.
- Seared Ahi (p. 221) | Absolutely delicious on the grill.
- Pan-Seared Sole (p. 222) | Preheat a skillet.
- Grilled Chicken with Summer Orzo (p. 230) | Our test kitchen enjoyed this dish even more with a little extra garlic.
- Flatiron Steak with Mustard Sauce (p. 237)
- Pan-Seared Steak (p. 240)
- Pork Loin with Peach Chutney (p. 243) | Bonus: Try this recipe with pork chops instead.
- Bison with Spice Rub (p. 244)
SNACKS AND SIDE DISHES
- Tomatoes on Toast (p. 117) | Bonus: grow the tomatoes!
- Spring Pea and Herb Bruschetta (p. 119) | Bonus: grow the peas, basil, or thyme!
- Roasted Beets and Greens (p. 126) | Preheat a skillet to heat the beets
- Chicken Tacos (p. 130) | Grill the chicken, onion, and chiles
You don’t own The Feed Zone Cookbook yet? You will love it, just like these folks do. Pick up a copy from your local bookstore; bike, tri, or running shop; or from these booksellers:
- Amazon.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- BarnesandNoble.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Chapters/Indigo.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- VeloGear.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- TriSports.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- SkratchLabs.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Your local independent bookseller: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- E-book edition on Apple’s iBookstore for iPad: The Feed Zone Cookbook