The Feed Zone Cookbook authors Dr. Allen Lim and Biju Thomas have taken their Skratch Labs Mobile Kitchen to the Amgen Tour of California to cook for Levi Leipheimer and the Omega Pharma-Quick Step pro cycling team. Throughout the race, Allen and Biju will cook breakfast, lunch, dinner, during ride portable snacks, and post-ride recovery meals for the team and staff.
VeloNews.com is presenting The Feed Zone Service Course, the team’s daily race menu, provided by Dr. Allen Lim, chef Biju Thomas and Skratch Labs.
So far we’ve got some great sample recipes listed for you to try out on VeloNews.com:
- Biju’s Oatmeal from Stage 1, which has been one of the team’s breakfast options
- Allen Lim’s Rice Cakes from Stage 2, which will be the on-bike snack all week
- Whole Roasted Chicken from Stage 3, a great dinner to rebuild damaged muscle
- Chicken Fried Rice from Stage 4, a favorite post-ride recovery meals
And we’ve got several more new recipes to come! We hope you try these and then try out The Feed Zone Cookbook, which has 160 athlete-friendly recipes.
- Amazon.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- BarnesandNoble.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Chapters/Indigo.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- VeloGear.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- TriSports.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- SkratchLabs.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Your local independent bookseller: The Feed Zone Cookbook