Paris-Roubaix is this weekend, which means Belgian bike racing fans (that is to say, all Belgians) will practice their other national pastime: eating delicious waffles and frites and washing both down with that beer they brew there (what’s it called again?).
If you are not among the Belgians this weekend, perhaps it will be less of a travesty to make the Feed Zone spin on waffles: these gluten-free waffle sandwiches. They’re darn tasty, especially when you glue them together with your favorite topping: peanut butter, Nutella, preserves. Go nuts!
And for those who own Feed Zone Portables, don’t forget Biju’s simplified recipe for Liege Waffles, found on p. 239. You’ll need to make them the night before consuming to get that delicious tang and fluffy flavor.
Try this recipe yourself! Download the Gluten-Free Banana Waffles recipe from Feed Zone Portables.
Or you can watch Biju demonstrate in this video:
In the Feed Zone, the menu has changed and no one can argue with the results: real food is better. Real food tastes better, digests quickly, and helps you perform at your best.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes 150 everyday recipes for athletes. Each breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe is simple, delicious, and easy to prepare.
Feed Zone Portables, offers portable performance snacks made of real food. Try out 75 all-new rice cakes, two-bite pies, waffles, and other tasty snacks.
Try these cookbooks today! Find The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables in your local bookstore; bike, tri, or running shop; or from these online retailers:
- SkratchLabs.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- Amazon.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- BarnesandNoble.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- Chapters/Indigo.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- VeloGear.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- TriSports.com: The Feed Zone Cookbook
- Your local independent bookseller: The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables
- E-book edition on Apple’s iBookstore for iPad: The Feed Zone Cookbook
The Feed Zone Cookbook and Feed Zone Portables are published by VeloPress, the leading publisher of books on cycling, triathlon, and running. Please see more VeloPress nutrition books at velopress.com/category/nutrition-and-diet